We are driven by the urgent need to address the challenges of equality, opportunity and diversity that every community faces today. The only way to effectively respond to these challenges is to ensure everyone is equipped to participate in society.
Baker & Joy develops and delivers services in order that vulnerable people are in a position to enjoy the same rights as everyone else.
Baker & Joy will engage in activities that benefit our communities by providing confidential and personalised advocacy and family support. We will make every endeavour to help vulnerable children and adults to develop the skills, confidence and knowledge needed to voice their concerns and secure their rights.
We will achieve our mission by ensuring the following values are fundamental to everything we do:
• We champion the voice and rights of those who use our services.
• We are independent of all statutory bodies and official
• We develop and deliver our work to the highest possible standards
and best practice.
• We actively involve and include all people who use our service in
service development and improvement.
• We champion equality, diversity and participation from all sections
of our communities.
• We maximise our profits and resources to be able to focus on
• We invest in our team and volunteers through continuous support
• We engage with national and local organisations to achieve the
best possible outcomes for those who use our service.
We don't believe that anything positive or sustainable can be achieved when the advocacy or support service takes the form of a 'master and servant' relationship. This is true both where the advocate takes too much of a lead role and effectively tells their client what to do or say and where the advocate is too subservient to the wishes of their client to the detriment of the best possible outcome. Instead, we believe that we have to deliver our services in partnership with our service users. To achieve this, we promise to be open, honest and frank in all our dealings.